About the Awards
During the past 27 years, the SIIA CODiE Awards have recognized more than 1,000 software and information companies for achieving excellence. The CODiE Awards remain the only peer-recognized program in the content, education, and software industries so each CODiE Award win serves as incredible market validation for a product’s innovation, vision, and overall industry impact.
Each year, we strive to keep the SIIA CODiE Awards program as valuable and relevant as possible. We’re pleased to point out that this year:
- We’ve added 27 new awards categories, reflecting the dramatic changes in technology and business models impacting the software and information industries. (With a grand total of more than 75 different categories, you're sure to find several to meet your marketing/PR objectives!).
- First-round judges for all ed tech nominees will be educators and administrators.
- Select content category finalists will receive complimentary buyer reviews by actual content buyers, courtesy of FreePint. (Note: These buyer reviews are a test launch in 2013, so they are not available for all content awards categories.)
The SIIA CODiE Awards were established in 1986 so that pioneers of the then-nascent software industry could evaluate and honor each other's work. During the years that followed, the program evolved into three tracks—organized by industry focus in content, education, and software—but our core mission has always remained the same: recognizing excellence by honoring the software and information industry's leading products and services. Award winners are able to leverage their CODiE Award as a prestigious representation of outstanding achievement and vision in the software and information industries.
The origin of the CODiE Award's name alludes to the program's basis in the software industry, in which the word "CODiE" is derived from the word "code". The CODiE Awards logo, re-designed in 2004, combines the word "CODE" with the symbol for information ("i") to visually represent the CODiE Awards' focus on the software and digital content industries.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to the leading companies setting the pace for the digital age.
- Promote the Industry: SIIA promotes the common interests of the software and digital content industry as a whole, as well as its component parts.
- Protect the Industry: SIIA protects the intellectual property of member companies, and advocates a legal and regulatory environment that benefits the entire industry.
- Inform the Industry: SIIA informs the industry and the broader public by serving as a resource on trends, technologies, policies and related issues that affect member firms and demonstrate the contribution of the industry to the broader economy.